About Thumbay Labs
Thumbay Labs was conceptualised in January 2013 and aims to provide a single solution for the diagnostic needs of the community.
To be the leading provider of comprehensive diagnostic and preventive tests of the highest quality in the GCC.
- To deliver the highest quality of diagnostic services to our community so as enable optimal patient care.
- Patient comes first in everything we do.
- Our employees are our wealth.
- Our laboratory results will be of uncompromising quality – error free, on time, every time.
Thumbay Labs is a chain of CAP accredited laboratories
We have given utmost attention to detail in selection of all the Laboratory instruments to ensure a 24*7 testing facility maintaining very cordial relations with all our suppliers to ensure the timely supply of best quality reagents and consumables. We have successfully established the following sections of testing:
- Core Laboratory: Complete automation, Biochemistry, Hematology and clinical pathology analyzers
- Hemoglobinopathy Laboratory: HPLCs and Capillary Electrophoresis for Hemoglobinopathy diagnosis
- High Complexity Histopathology – Cytopathology Laboratory: Histopathology, Liquid based cytology, Autostainers, Immunohistochemistry
- Cytogenetics & Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory: Karyotyping and Fluorescent In Situ Hybridisation assays, BOB’s
- Microarray Lab: Affymetrix platform along with PCR and sequencing services.
- Microbiology, Immunology and Allergy Laboratory: Routine cultures, Immunology, Allergy, Immunoflouresence assays, Western blots, Bacterial growth and identification by Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization and Time of Flight Mass Spectrometry (MALDI-TOF)
- Bio analytical Laboratory: HPLC, HPTLC, LCMS, GCMS, ICPMS,AAA for bioanalytical analysis and new born screening
- Clinical Research Unit: Supports contracted Clinical Research across the Hospitals of the group. It also supports external and internal funded student and faculty Research
- Independent Quality Assurance team. Responsible for maintenance of QMS, Is also responsible for laboratory Quality Management Systems and carries out Interlab comparisons across the group hospitals
Thumbay Labs has earned a great reputation for providing accurate & quality analysis within a specific time frame to its patients. The Centres are supervised by experienced professionals and are aided by competent technologists who run the most modern diagnostic equipment. As a result, the Centres are able to deliver quality reports with utmost precision.
Promoters of Thumbay Labs
Thumbay Labs is promoted by the Thumbay Group, a diversified international business conglomerate headquartered in DIFC – Dubai, UAE. Thumbay Group was founded in 1998 by a third generation business entrepreneur from India, Mr. Thumbay Moideen. Today, almost two decades after its inception, the group has blossomed into a diversified international business conglomerate with operations in 20 sectors including Education, Healthcare, Medical Research, Diagnostics, Retail Pharmacy, Health Communications, Retail Opticals, Wellness, Nutrition Stores, Hospitality, Real Estate, Publishing, Technology, Media, Events, Medical Tourism, Trading and Marketing & Distribution.
Innovation and Translational research are a daily part of the activities done in Thumbay Labs. A number of new tests are being set up for the first time in the UAE. Our University legacy makes teaching, research and innovation a part of our daily routine. We also participate in community projects and work with the industry to enhance Industrial health through well run screening programs
All the decisions are taken by collaborative meetings in which the nominated members participate form each and every department on a rotation basis. RCA & CAPA are routine process in the department and staff are actively involved to minimize the errors.
Training for GMU Students
Training for GMU Students
Continuing Medical Education
CME is an essential component of continuing physician professional development. Some of the CME programs conducted by Thumbay Labs in association with Gulf Medical University related to topics of Allergy, Laboratory Quality, Prevention and control of Infections and Tobacco research. These programs have had brought an overwhelming response from medical fraternity.
Do you know, what clients say about us!
We are Located at
Fax: +971 67400709